Your body needs 48 hours to adjust to the changes that have been made so it’s sensible to adhere to the following:
- Rest for 20 minutes as soon as possible after your visit.
- Be gentle with yourself for 24-48 hours, avoid strenuous exercise, housework, gym sessions, gardening, and long distance journeys.
- Keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water and avoiding alcohol.
- Take lukewarm showers for a couple of days. A hot soak will soften muscles and ligaments, potentially undoing all your good work.
- Think about your balance, don’t carry a heavy bag on your shoulder or arm as this may put strain on your neck and back.
- Think about your posture when sitting, standing or driving.
- Following any other specific advice your chiropractor has given you.
Copyright 2017 © The Chiropractic Room | Web design and photography by @danieljmarsh